Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Bella's Antics

There is never a dull moment when you have a 3 year old.  Bella is definately a fearless child at times.  Lately, she has loved jumping on the furniture, mommy doesn't love it so much.  I can just see her breaking an arm or a leg.  But that's not the best of it!!  She has loved finding mischief.

Last week, she was playing in her bedroom.  Generally she plays with her Littlest Pet Shops, Barbies, or Zoobles so I don't have to worry about her too much.  Well she had another idea of fun that night.  In her room, she has a shelf unit that is 5 shelves tall.  On the top shelf, I keep all our good children's books that I don't want her to "play" with.  Well after playing for awhile, she walked into my room with an armful of these books and asks me to read to her.  I just looked at her and said, "How the heck did you get those books down?"  Her response, "I used my clothes thingy."  She had emptied out her hamper, turned it upside down, and climbed on top of it to reach the books.

Then the following night, I was talking to my sister on the phone and Bella got quiet.  I went to check on her to find her in the bathroom downstairs (where we keep the cat food, liter box, etc.)  She had gotten into the cat food and dumped in down the sink, which doesn't have the drain cover on it.  Thankfully, Jason was able to get it cleaned out with no problems.  Guess that's what I get for letting her help me feed the cats!?!

Then a few nights later, I found her playing in the crawl space.  For those who don't know, we live in a tri-level house so the door for our crawl space is in the bathroom downstairs.  When I walked in there, I found cat food in the liter box, the cat dishes in the middle of the crawl space (there was both cat food and water in one dish), and a bucket of water dumped everywhere (we have a pipe that leaks a little so we keep a bucket under it until we can get it fixed this spring).  So needless to say, after that night I went to Lowes and bought a key lock for the crawl space door.  At least I know she can't pick the lock!!

Those have been the most "exciting" things I have dealt with in the last couple weeks.  I'm sure there are many more antics to come.  Good things she's cute!!

No comments: